dimanche 25 mai 2008

The examination season soon to end


All the lectures of the semester 2 were finished about a week ago, and I submitted one dissertation and one mini-mémoire barely in time. Last Friday I had to take an oral examination for the first time. Needless to say, it was tough because of the language problem but also because I could not finish reviewing all the courses. I had to spend most of the time writing mémoires. In a way, this is also due to my inadequate language efficiency. In the oral exam, the word in question is widely used even in the daily settings so that it had to be explained precisely as a philosophical term. What I did however was to explain things around this word and never get to the heart of it, unfortunately. I did not understand fully the real philosophical meaning of it. I'll have to study this course once again.

A week from now, there will be another oral examination and that will end the examination session of master 1. For this exam, I'll have to have some ideas about what 14 philosophers have expressed in about 150 pages of references. This is also a challenging thing to do. And after that? Four months of summer vacation! I think this is the first time in my life to spend the summer time like this. I have not decided yet how to spend it, but most of the time will be devoted to finishing up the mémoire for master 1.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire